Saturday, October 9, 2010

No, Not Today!

Today is the day... The day we have been waiting for, the day we have been dreading the day we have been anxiously awaiting.... The day Adam leaves. He packed up all his stuff and he headed off this morning for Ogden where at midnight we will be having a "send off" and he leaves for 6 weeks (or until nov 23 or 45 days :] but no one is counting right?) He has his bags all packed and he is taking most of his Army stuff and leaving some civilian stuff. So I wake up this morning and its good bye time. I kiss him good bye and watch him leave... then the tears start, and havent stopped. As I watch my husband, the father of our baby head off, essentially for war. It is going to be a very long 14 months.. hopefully it will go by fast. I am glad to get christmas over with now before the baby is here, and hopefully having the next few months busy with holidays will make it go fast. But my husband is gone and making huge sacrifices for me and our family, and I appreciate him so much. He is a great man and a great husband. I couldnt ask for one better. Thank you Adam for all you do for us and our country. God Speed! I love you! We will see you soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment