Tuesday- was supposed to be the biggest blizzard of the century or something.. so we were a bit nervous for Adam to fly in on this day. Schools were closing and my work called me and told me not to come in because it was going to be too bad. So I did some extra shopping for Adam and just waited for the storm to come. It was about 5 and the clouds came in (mind you all day the sky had been blue..) and it turned black and grey outside, and then it hit. The snow was supposed to come faster and colder then the plows would be able to get rid of it. So we were nervous. And Adam was supposed to fly in about 7 pm. He took off a few minutes early so I was hoping they would make it. Since the weather was so bad Adam asked that my dad drive me to the airport. So about 6:45 me and my dad headed out. It was so bad that we drove the back roads and not on the freeways. What would have been about a 15-20 min drive to the airport turned into almost an hour drive at about 25-30 miles an hour. I was so anxious! While we were driving, Adam texted and said dont leave yet, we can't land.. we are being rerouted to Denver for more gas and then we will try to come back again. We FINALLY made it to the airport and I saw some other Army wives and they said they were going to get a special pass and go up to the gate to wait for them. So my dad so graciously drove home to wait for me to call him and tell him to try to brave the storm again. So I went and got a special pass and went through security (which I was picked to have the FULL pat down.. of course) and we went to the gate to wait. I think there was about 4 other wives there with me, and we just talked for about an hour and a half... waiting. Finally he texted that he had landed. I by that time had butterflies and was so excited I was trying not to cry. Then.. I see him.. in full uniform making his way down the jet way. I ran halfway down the jet way and hugged him with full force. I couldnt stop hugging him or looking at him. We made our way down to get his luggage and went out to find my dad to go home. I just remember I couldnt stop looking at him. We were driving home and Adam REALLY wanted a hamburger, he was anxious and hadnt eaten either, but because of the storm businesses had shut down, but we did find a Wendy's at about 1130. We made it home and relaxed and ate dinner. It was SOO good to have him home .. Finally..
Wednesday- Through the night I would wake up and try to look over and see if Adam was still there. It was like I could hardly believe it. I was so excited. I unfortunately had to go to work for a few hours. So I took Adam down to tracks and he rode that over and connected with Front Runner. And by the time he got to his parents it took him about 2 hours. He was such a good sport. I think he had his brother and sister and families there and they had some subway for lunch and talked for a bit. I was at work and it was so hard to concentrate knowing that he was only here for a few days and I had to spend some of it away from him. I was finally off work and I rushed up to his parents house because we were going to be having family pictures. We had our pictures taken at the Historic Union Station. It was going really well until the snow came. But we really didnt have another day to do family pictures since Adam was only here for a few days. So we braved the snow and smiled as best we could! After that his sister was kind enough to plan for us to go to Jasoh's for a nice sibling dinner. They got a sitter for the kids and we were able to have adult conversation and hang out and talk for a while. We then went to his parents for us to hang out and see each other. It was really nice and we had a very nice time. His brother and sister left and we gave his parents their Christmas gift, a nice book I made of our Wedding. After that we decided to drive the truck home and get it moving again. We came home and my parents gave Adam his Christmas gifts.. they got him some laffy taffy which he just loves, and a new digital camera. I am excited for this new camera it is water proof and shock proof.. hopefully it wont have to do either. Thanks mom and dad for the wonderful gift!
Thursday-- Thanksgiving-- We were able to sleep in and just relax this morning. We went to the movie Harry Potter and that was a long movie, but Adam was so excited to go to a movie theater and have popcorn and a soda that he didnt care. I dont care so much for Harry Potter but it was nice to go to a movie with him again. After the movie we came back and had a Thanksgiving dinner with my parents and Beka. Since on the Sunday before Adam and Beka didnt get to come to our Thanksgiving. Adam wasnt used to eating this much and was a bit overwhelmed with food! After we had dinner we ran up to his parents again for us to have Christmas with his family and see the nephews and give Adam a special blessing. So we headed back up and had a special blessing and we got some great gifts and had some special time together. It was a very nice Thanksgiving and we had a wonderful time.
Friday- We woke up and needed to do more family pictures with my family. We headed over to Wheeler Farm and got the whole Stevens bunch together. It was freezing!!! I think it was in the 20's.. My mom brought hot chocolate for us all to sip after the pictures. After the pictures we went to 5 guys burgers and fries. After that we came home and had some time with my family and packed up to go to the hotel I had rented for the night. We relaxed and spent time with my siblings and celebrated my dad's birthday. We took some funny pictures with the hats my mom got (unfortunately all the pictures from Adams stay are on HIS camera, so I dont have any.) Afterwards Adam had some shopping to do and ran some errands. He came home with some very beautiful bright pink flowers. He wrapped his gifts and we headed out for the hotel. We went to the Marriott Downtown. It was finally nice to be just the two of us. We hung out for a while and had our Christmas. I gave him a video game he had been eye balling, and some things for the new camera. He gave me some gift cards to my favorite place to eat and for the baby and some chocolates! Then we headed down to the Jazz game to watch them beat the Lakers. It was such an awesome game, neither me nor Adam have been to a good game like that. It was so much fun and had us pumped up for the night. After that he wanted another burger from Wendy's. We ate some dinner and shared some chocolate covered strawberries and relaxed watching some tv. It was a very fun night.
Saturday- We woke up thinking about what day it is... and what is to come. We relaxed and hung out in the hotel room until about check out. And then we went to Subway for something to eat. We came back home and he started to pack up his stuff. He gave me a very special sweet blessing that I totally bawled through and he got ready to go. He drove us to the airport and I was able to get the special pass again and head up to the gate to wait with him. I went through security this time with no issues and then we waited... And that was the hardest. The wait.. Anxiously awaiting to hear when they will call his zone. And they finally did, and the tears came.. I know it is so hard for Adam to watch me cry and be broken hearted, but I am more sad for him then for me. I have my family and my friends and the wives and all my stuff around me. He is going to a far a way place with no family and no baby girl and his stuff that is comfortable isnt around. So I kiss him good bye, and tell him I love him and watch him get on the plane and try not to run away. It was so hard to drive away from the airport knowing he is just right there on a plane. But I had to and I made it home. My mom surprised me with going to get a pedicure and that was kinda nice to get my mind off of things.
That was our weekend. It was very nice to be with him and to spend this time with him. He is truly my best friend and I couldnt ask for a better husband or father for our baby girl. I love you so much Adam, God speed and I can't wait to see you again! I love you ...
No comments:
Post a Comment