MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! All the way from Afghanistan and Utah! From our hearts to yours! We hope you enjoyed your holiday and had some time to reflect about our Saviors birth during all the festivities. I had some time to reflect on our Saviors birth and all he did for us. It made it sort of sureal this year being with child, like Mary was. And her carrying a child and birthing in a stall and laying him in a manger. The song Silent Night really hit me hard this year. Well our Christmas Festivities started off with a real BANG! To pick up where I left off last time, after seeing David Archuleta... After that we had fondue night at my parents! It was fun we had cheese fondue and meat fondue and chocolate fondue. No pictures sadly, but it turned out really well. Everyone brought something to dip in either fondue. And it turned out really well. After that my In Laws came over to give me the crib they bought for us for Christmas. It is a beautiful crib and I can't wait for Adam to get home so he can set it up for us. We had a nice time visiting and hanging out. After they left my mom and I had to get our Turkey soaking in Beer. Thats right, we had beer turkey. My mom went shoppin and got all the beer and we poured it out into the bucket for the turkey to get drunk in. On Christmas Eve we started cooking at about noon and had a huge feast! We were able to call my little brother on his mission in Chile and speak with him for about an hour. That was really nice and fun. Our party on Christmas eve is an ugly sweater and Christmas mug party. You have to bring a Christmas mug to sip your cider from. Its kind of fun. And then after dinner Santa comes and we sit on his knee (well this year santa had just had knee surgery so we had to sit NEXT to santa...) and get a gift. I got a fun game I can't wait to play. And then we hang out and play with our gift. My siblings all stayed until about 10:30.. so I was pretty worn out. Since I had been in the kitchen cooking all afternoon! And then we did the dishes and my parents and Beka and I stayed up until about 1 am playing some games and getting in the hot tub (not me) and hanging out talking. It was really nice.
Christmas morning I got up a little late.. about 9:30 or so.. and I was exhausted! I wanted to go up to my sister in law's house and see what the nephews got for Christmas but I just couldnt get out of bed. So I didn't make it. But I was there in spirit! And then I got a phone call from Adam and it was really nice.. until.. it cut out 2 mins into our conversation. I guess all his mins from his phone card ran out. So I got to talk to him for 2 mins on Christmas! I Guess its better then nothing! Then I got ready for the day and we went to a movie. Narnia and it was in 3D. I fell asleep during the movie (which I always do) since I was so tired. We came home and relaxed and waited for my siblings to show up to have Christmas with my parents. As soon as they arrived we went into the living room to open our gifts. My parents spoiled us and they shouldnt have. I got some crib bedding and comfy new robe with slippers and some food storage stuff. And a couple maternity massages. It was really nice. I can't wait to use my massages! After that we have a tradition to eat my Grandmothers Peach Pancakes. I know, breakfast for dinner, but its delicious. They are the best pancakes and i love the fresh peaches on top. And it helps us to remember the good times we had with my Grandparents who have passed away.
So I think we had a very eventful Christmas. Adam had a nice Turkey dinner and had an ok day. He is doing well where he is and getting a lot done he says. So Thank you on his behalf for all the good thoughts and prayers. I know he really appreciates it.
No comments:
Post a Comment