Sunday, December 19, 2010

our first year!

Well, we made it! We made it through year 1 of marriage! We can now say we are not the newly weds.. well maybe we still are. But the last year have been full of ups and downs and everything. In the last year we moved from a bachelor pad apartment into our first apartment. Watched lots of movies, went out to great restaurants, had fun weekends together, celebrated my birthday, trips to Las Vegas, learned Adam was going to be deployed, went to Lake Powell, found out we were expecting baby. Move to my parents house, Adam leaves for training in Missouri where he gets hurt and comes home, daily drives to Ogden, leaving work for some time off and going back part time, Adam going to training in New Jersey and getting to visit New York, finding out we are having a baby girl, another trip to Last Vegas with the unit and Adam going to Wisconsin. Halloween fun, Adam coming home for Thanksgiving for a few days, and celebrating our Christmas and our one year anniversary and then him going on to Afghanistan. And then Christmas season, and our anniversary. That makes for a really busy year! And on to the next one.. And we cant wait. This is going to be a really big year for us as we welcome a baby girl and grow as a family and come across some trials with him being deployed for a year. But we are strong and we have a lot of love for each other, and we are going to make it through this tough year.
This past week I kept very busy with our Christmas festivities. We went Christmas shopping at the mall and got the last few presents for under the tree. My dear mother in law told us she bought us a crib for our baby and it should be coming in the next week or so! I am so excited to look at it, because Adam wants to set it up and put all the things together for his daughter so I have to just look at it. I went to David Archuleta and the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Concert. And that was amazing and fun. He really helped bring back the Christmas spirit that I had been lacking. Its hard for me to really get into the Christmas spirit this year as I celebrated it with Adam over Thanksgiving. And we gave our gifts then. So I am just along for the ride. I spent some nice time up with my in laws for lunch and hanging out on me and Adams anniversary. So it helped to have something to do on that day. Well Adam is doing great and I am getting by.

No comments:

Post a Comment