Monday, April 11, 2011

Daddy for 2 weeks!

So Adam had his 2 week R and R from the Army. He was able to come on March 25th. We picked him up real early on Friday at 8 am. My dad drove me and Hadley to the airport and there it was a sweet scene to see Adam look at Hadley for the first time. We came home and I made Adam shower and change into civilian clothes before handling Hadley. He was so sweet and cute with her and loved holding her. We went up to Adams parents house and we met up with his sister Julie and the kids. It was nice for him to be able to see them. On Saturday and Sunday we just took it easy. We went up to Sunday dinner at the Greens on Sunday the 27th of March. Then we just took it easy the following week. We went out to lunch some, and out to dinner some, and we went to a movie, Insidious which was GREAT. Well Adam ended up going to that movie twice, once with me and once with my brother and wife. Adam had some errands to do like fix up my car and get the registration and emissions done, and change the oil. And we went to the store to get some stuff for a package he needed. Then on Friday April 1st, we went to the zoo. Our real first family outing. It was a lot of fun Adam pushed around the stroller and we had our first MAJOR blow out. She pooped out her clothes and her onesie. It was so bad that I had to change her outside so i could have Adam's help Then we just hung out on Saturday and went to Rodizzio Grill, Ada's favorite restaurant. On Sunday April 3rd (Conference Sunday) Adam blessed our baby girl. We did it between sessions. It was a very snowy day, but we still had a nice turn out. We had my whole family and his whole family and then his uncle Steve and Wife, and my Uncle Lane and Aunt Steph, and MIke and Emily and cousin Zach. Lindsey my cousin was here visiting Beka and so she was present as well. It was a very nice blessing. Adam did a WONDERFUL job. Then we had breakfast to eat. My mom had made some breakfast casseroles and Trudy brought the fruit and Orange Rolls. It was a very nice day. Then the next week just hung out again. No major plans, since Hadley was only 10 days old when Adam got here. It was still too little to go outside. We also went to Hadleys 2 week appointment. It was nice for Adam to be there and meet her Dr. and see how much Hadley has grown. Adam was awesome as a daddy. He did all the bum changes and got peed on and pooped on. He was also the burper and helped dress her. He was also very good at helping give her a bath. I sat in the back of the car with Hadley while he drove us around for the errands and his parents house. He is such an Awesome daddy, that Hadley and I are both so lucky to have him. On Thursday before he left, we went to his parents house for some Steak and his favorite dessert Pumpkin pie. His sister and kids came over to say goodbye, and we are glad its our last one to say goodbye. We drove home through the snow and went to the Jazz game. We left Hadley with my mom and it was just us on a date. It was snowing really bad and we had to walk from our parking spot to the game. But it was nice to just be the two of us. Friday we tried to go to the mall to get family pictures, but it wasnt working out, so we came home and asked my mom to take our picture. I think they turned out nice. Then on Saturday we hung out and went to a move Limitless and then we went to Chili's for a nice date. It was nice of my mom to stay home from California and be here to watch Hadley while me and Adam had some time to ourselves. We went out and got in the hot tub every night. It snowed the whole last week he was here. But Adam was wishing for colder weather, since where he is, is EXTREMELY hot, so he cursed us with the snow. Then on Sunday morning we woke up bright and early (thank you Hadley) and took him to the airport. I was a complete mess. Sorry Adam... I know it just made things harder. But it was so hard when I watched him kiss Hadley goodbye and tell her he would see her soon and he loved her. I lost it and wasnt able to gain composure. I didnt want to go up to the terminal because saying goodbye up there last November was one of the worst things ever. So I just went in with him to print his ticket and then we were standing in the VERY LONG LINE almost out the door for security. When a guy doing crowd control said Sir you dont need to stand in this line. When you are ready come to the front and see me and we can get you in. I started to cry harder. And said I am not ready. So we hugged for a bit longer and then like ripping off a band aid, said our I love you's and turned and walked away. I tried not to turn around and look, but I did. And he looked so handsome in full uniform walking away being SO STRONG. I know that was the hardest thing he has ever done. Walk away from his baby and a bawling wife. I am so proud of him. He is so strong for me and such an amazing husband. That was our two weeks of so much fun. WE are so glad he got to come home and meet Hadley and that I was able to remember what its like being married to a human and not the computer. I got really lucky when marrying Adam. WE miss you Adam, and we love you. I Love you most!

No comments:

Post a Comment